WXII Food Drive
Feed Our Kids Now!
What You Should Know:
- 85,000 children are currently served through Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina and our nearly 400 partner agencies throughout our 18 county service area.
- The campaign goal will be to provide at least ONE nutritious meal to each of these 85,000 children during the summer months.
- To meet this goal, will require 4.8 million meals.
- We can reach this goal if EVERYONE (every man, woman and child) in the WXII viewing area participates.
- If everyone donates at least 50 cents and at least 3 food items, we will be successful and every child will be able to look forward to at least one meal, every day, this summer.
- Our goal is to raise at least $500,000 and 3.4 million food items. Together this will produce 6.4 million meals, which will feed each child at least one meal each day.
How You Can Donate:
1. Join WXII at any of the following 12 hour food and fund drives (6am-6:30pm). WXII and Second Harvest Food Bank will accept food and monetary donations. For more information, tune into WXII 12.
- Tuesday, June 8 - Lowes Foods at Oliver's Crossing Shopping Center, 5034 Peters Creek Parkway - Winston Salem
- Thursday, June 10 - Lowes Foods at 5180 Reidsville Road - Walkertown
2. Donate online by clicking here.
3. Donate money at any BB&T branch in Northwest NC.