Find a Summer Meals Site Near You:
The process to locate free summer meals for kids is accessible in JUNE, JULY, and AUGUST when school is out.
Here are three ways to find a nearby free summer meals site in North Carolina for children:
For many kids, summertime means two things: fun and friends. But when school’s out, that also means that families can’t count on their kids eating meals at school, and already tight family food budgets have to be stretched even further. Parents know that growing kids have big appetites and need good nutrition all year long.
Free summer meals are available for kids across North Carolina at a registered summer meals site.
More information on Summer meals programs:
- Meals are FREE to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals site.
- Free summer meals help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets.
- Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines.
- Summer meal sites are safe places for kids and teens to go, such as schools, churches, and community centers.
- Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered.
- Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. They can simply bring their child to a summer meals site in their community, and their kids can enjoy a healthy meal. No ID or registration needed.