3 simple ways to get involved this September
1-Get people thinking and talking about what they can do to help fight hunger.
- Grab a plate and dry erase marker and complete this sentence: "On an empty stomach, I can't _____________."
- Take a picture and post it to social media with a statement
about something you can or will do to help end hunger.
- Tag Second Harvest Food Bank and use the hashtags
#feedingcommunity and #hungeractionmonth, so we can share your posts!
2. Participate in the National Call In Day for a Strong Farm Bill - September 13
Urge your Member of Congress to support a Farm Bill that protects federal nutrition programs and North Carolina families facing hunger.Call 1.888.398.8702.
Learn more about the Farm Bill and why it matters here.
3. Involve Kids
- Volunteer as a family. Second Harvest has over 460 partner programs and many are volunteer run. Some age restrictions may apply, but at Second Harvest families with children over the age of 12 are welcome to come help us sort donations, and the Food Bank Garden takes volunteers (with an adult ) of all ages.
- Collect Donations. Involve your kids or grandkids in selecting healthy, nutritious food items for donation. You can make it a scavenger hunt, and it's a good way to talk to your children about nutrition, too. For a list of our most needed, healthy items click here.
Our supporters are always coming up with fun and creative ways for their families to get involved: Read a recent story here.